There are some general rules regarding the rental of our buggies:
- You must have your valid driver’s license with you when you come in for your rental. All buggy passenger accommodations are subject to the designated weight load for the vehicle. 450 lbs. total for the 2 seat buggies and 1100 lbs weight limit in 4 seat Kawasaki Teryx.
- You are responsible to supply and install your own front-facing Child Safety Seat. They may only be used in the Kawasaki Teryx vehicles, and not in the dune buggies. Michigan Child Safety laws apply in vehicles.
- The vehicle assigned to you for rental is the vehicle that you must return. No exceptions!
- Eye wear is required – State Park/Dept. of Natural Resources rules! Eyeglasses, sunglasses and goggles qualify. Remember to bring them, or these can be purchased at our store.
- Teryx – 21 or older to rent and drive with valid driver’s license.
- Buggy and ATV – 18 or older to rent / 16 or older to drive with valid driver’s license (permits not considered license). No restrictions on license to be considered for driving privileges. If under 18 parent or guardian must be present to sign liability release form
- Minimum rental contract period is 2 hours.
- A deposit of $750.00 per vehicle is required at time of rental. This may be paid in cash or we can authorize a credit card for that amount should it be needed. Rental deposit is refunded upon completion of contract, subject to buggy inspection.
- Riding in a buggy is not recommended for pregnant women.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, and Cash. Sorry, No CHECKS or American Express!
- Reservations are recommended!
- Driving any type of vehicle on sand dunes entails a certain amount of risk.
- Renter is advised that driving a rental vehicle on the sand dunes is at Renter’s own risk.
- Silver Lake Buggy Rentals does not assume liability for property damage, loss, theft, or personal injury.
- Be sure to read entire rental contract prior to signing.
- See a copy of our rental agreement.
- If you have made a reservation, you must arrive 45 minutes prior to reservation for processing.
- There are forms to fill out, a safety video to watch, licenses to check and usually questions to answer.
- If you are going to be late, please contact and speak with our staff for details. 3 days notice is required to be considered for any type of refund on cancellations. Otherwise considered No Call / No Show – No Refund.
- Also please make sure that your watch is set to MICHIGAN TIME (EST). Many of our guests come from different time zones and this can create missed reservations, especially during the peak vacation times when everything is booked throughout the entire day.
- LARGE GROUPS – We encourage you to avoid holidays and Saturdays in July and August to enable you to have a more pleasurable experience.